This blouse came together like a dream. The fabric was a little tricky because it was so lightweight but I did not have any trouble with my machine ‘swallowing’ it at all. It was really nice to make something that was not closely fitted so greater detail could be given to the hems and neckline. I finished the sleeve hems and bottom hem with a zigzag stitch. All other seams were straight stitched and then I stitched a zigzag in the seam allowance. This should prevent fraying.
The pattern called for a same fabric sash but I haven’t stitched it up yet. I prefer a structered belt with a flowy blouse. It keeps me from looking too pouffy. I think this is a nice fall blouse and if I find the right turtleneck sweater I could wear this overtop as a tunic in winter.
Here I have it styled with my new high-waisted skirt!
The next challenge is the Lady Grey coat from Colette patterns. I have never participated in an on-line sewalong but I am jumping in on a doozie. The pattern is classified as Advanced but the instructions are supposed to be fantastic and I will have the support of the on-line sewing community. If I am successful I will have a new coat for the winter for less than $50. And since winters here are so long it is equivalent to less than $10 per month!
What I’m listening to: Tighten Up by Black Keys