Before I get to the never happened before event, let me update you on what I have been up to.
1) Work-I’m not really working much longer hours but work has been more demanding mentally so I have not felt like blogging in my free time. Sewing is not happening either.
2) The sewing project that is sitting on my desk (okay, it is really on the sofa in my sewing room) is just not inspiring to me anymore. It is an Alma blouse in navy. I need this in my wardrobe but when I think about picking it up I am just not motivated.
3) My parent’s celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary! Isn’t that amazing?! My brothers, sisters-in-law and hubby and I recreated their first meal as a married couple. They ate dinner on the way out of town to their honeymoon at a local burger joint. We don’t live in Sudbury, ON anymore so I had to call the restaurant and ask if they could send me merch with their logo. They went all out! T-shirts, french fry sleeves, and a photo of their restaurant sign with Happy Anniversary to my folks written on it! So generous. Thank you, Deluxe Hamburgers!
4) I just booked a week off in November. We aren’t going anywhere. I am taking a sewcation! I am sew excited! (Sewing puns never have to be apologized for.)
5) I have been sick which has helped necessitate the break. Migraines, general lethargy, SAD. *shrug* What can I say? It’s autumn…not my best season.
Except the clothes. I love fall clothes. Which brings me to my never experienced moment.
You remember I bought this pattern?
I was drawn to the unique style on the trousers. My plan was to use ponte knit for the main pieces and pleater/leather for the side calf pieces. At least for one option.
Look what I found one night when innocently window shopping in DKNY in the outlet mall.
Check out a better photo here.
The exact leggings, almost, that I had envisioned. So I bought them. The price was so reasonable that I knew I couldn’t make them for that price. And they fit well, if not a little short, so I have been working on letting down the hem.
What do you think? Have I missed out on the experience of sewing them? I have many other things that I want to sew. Have I cheated? I felt guilty for about 3 seconds then I shrugged and said, “Now I can make the Vietnamese silk top that I have been dying to start on.” Chime in. Do you buy RTW when you find it, even when you can make it yourself?