This pattern has been in my stash for a while. It has everything I love in a dress. Defined waist, V-neck bodice and sash.
I picked up the fabric during my trip to the desert in April. I originally planned on using fabric with a bit of stretch but changed my mind when I spotted this Asian-inspired print in black, red, white and grey. Could not resist.
So far I have cut out the fabric and lining pieces, gathered sections of the bodice and sewn 3 of the 4 bodice pieces together. I am following instructions closely as the bodice is lined and has a wrap front. I am not completely sure how it will all come together.
The instructions also called for the shoulder to have a “stay” added. In this case it is seam binding sewn along the seam line of the shoulder. I can see that this would be especially helpful with a stretchy fabric. It helps keep it from stretching out over time. I added it anyway since I have never added a stay to a garment.
If I ever get progressing on my Crescent Skirt, it calls for a waist stay. Same idea. It helps keeps the waist of a garment from stretching out.
I hope to have this dress done for Sunday. Once the bodice and midriff are together it should come together quickly. Hopefully.
What I’m listening to: The Valley by Okkervil River