GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED!! Thanks to those who entered!
I’m so honoured! I was nominated for the Liebster Award by The Bookworm Sewist. It is an award that encourages folks to read blogs with fewer followers. According to the rules we are supposed to 1) tell you 11 things about ourselves, 2) answer the nominators questions and 3) nominate other blogs with under 200 followers. I will do the first two but not the third. I love the blogs that I love and there are links on my homepage but I just don’t have the time to figure out who has how many followers. Instead, I will offer a giveaway. (This also dovetails into my Sewing Dare!)
11 Things About Funnygrrl that you may not know:
- I have 3 brothers. They are okay but they married awesome women! To go from no sisters to 3 is great. I get the fun of sisters without having to share a room or closet growing up.
- I love public speaking. It actually gives me energy. Don’t get me wrong, I get nervous, but I love sharing something that I am passionate about with a group. I actually created a way for me to present at work because my job description didn’t really call for it.
- I once tried the luge. I had the opportunity to try an Olympic luge track so I did. 2 runs. It was super unique but I can’t say I would line up to try it again. It was part of a fundraiser for Olympic-hopeful juniors and I asked one mom how she felt when her son wanted to luge. She said that he broke his leg ski jumping when he was, like, 9 so this was his less dangerous second choice. *blink*blink*
- I have lived in 4 cities/towns and 2 provinces. Within those places, over a dozen addresses. Probably closer to 2 dozen…
- What is your favorite movie? Chicago. Yah, the one about the women that have killed the men in their lives…
- What is your favorite fabric to work with? Medium weight cotton. During the sewing of my eyelet capelet I specifically remember saying, “This fabric is so easy!”
- What is your least favorite fabric to work with? Chiffon. But I make stuff with it all the time. Slightly easier since I got my serger.
- What is your happiest childhood moment? Camping with my family. Now I would rather go to work than camp. Seriously.
- Who was your first love? Celebrity – Corey Hart (for you Canadians out there). Non-celeb – my husband.
- If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it? Get my parents a beautiful (not big, just gorgeous) home. Then take my friends on a trip.
- What is your favorite board game (or video game)? Does cribbage count?
- What is your favorite thing you have ever made (clothing or not)? My Lady Grey coat.
- How do you keep organized? Depends what it is. I had a manager who used to tell us to touch things only once. In other words, put them in the correct place the 1st time. Hubby and I will tell each other to “one touch” something. Sounds dirty, but it isn’t.
- What is your favorite time of day? Bedtime. Hubby and I watch an episode of “insert current TV addiction here” and laugh out loud together. Right now it’s season 2 of Portlandia.
- What is your favorite book? I just answered this at my book club meeting. I said Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. I could also list Anne of Green Gables or a million others. I LOVE BOOKS!!
To celebrate my nomination I am offering a length of stretch cotton fabric (slight stretch) to one reader! If I had to guess (and I do because I don’t remember and I’m too lazy to measure) I would say it is between 3 and 4 metres. (Also too lazy to convert to yards.). To be entered for the draw, please leave a comment and mention the giveaway on your blog for an extra entry. (A link would be wonderful.)
Updated!! Better photo of the fabric!!
Thank you to The Bookworm Sewist!
What I’m listening to: Dream of the ’90s from Portlandia